Wednesday, January 31, 2018

February in First Grade

Well folks, it's a brand new month. That means my entire store is 10% off for the first three days and you can snag my latest First of the Month Freebie (see the bottom of this message for details!). Also, the time has finally come for me to share my secret... my husband and I are expecting our first baby in July 2018! After moving back to the States from Japan, buying a house, and getting married last July, I thought we'd already been through enough changes to last us awhile, but this is the most exciting change yet. Now that I've started my second trimester, I'm ready to share the news with my students, too! (Last week, my students discovered I don't have any kids yet, and one told me, "You should get a son, they're fun!" Little do they know I might have one on the way!)

My Teacher is Having a Baby Activity Packet

I've got a bunch of activities planned for a fun "baby day" in first grade. 







We're not going to find out if we're having a boy a girl, but if we were, I'd be all about these gender reveal puzzles :)


Also coming up in February, I can't wait to teach my firsties all about Theodore Roosevelt and the history of teddy bears. It's an awesome way to combine Presidents' Day and Valentines Day into one interesting lesson! Read all about it here.

Theodore Roosevelt and the History of Teddy Bears

And finally, it's time for a First of the Month Freebie! My kiddos have been having a tough time catching onto the "make ten" addition strategy, so I made these worksheets to reinforce the concept. 

Free: Make Ten Addition Strategy Worksheets
Free: Make Ten Addition Strategy Worksheets

Happy teaching!




No comments:

Post a Comment

February in First Grade

Well folks, it's a brand new month. That means my entire store is 10% off for the first three days and you can snag my latest First of t...